Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Went to my First Food Bank in Spokane

Don't get me wrong,, I am very grateful for the things they gave me. But...

We thought we would leave early for the Mead Food Bank,, Since everyone we spoke to about it said it is Packed.. Well,, we left at 3 PM.. and when we got there, there were only about 15 people in line. So we got in line, and I said to the woman who went with us.. OH.. watch out.. there are wasps right by your head. we were sitting in the shade. She was leaning up against the building. So there were Wasps flying around all over the place.

When a woman came out of the door, she had everyone sign in. We were 16,17,and 18th in line.. Which means Squat ... I thought,, oh it won't take that long.. They took the Newbies at the end of it all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the time we finally got our stuff,, and got home.. it was 6 PM. And they say we can only go there once a month. So there are people out there that don't know what they are talking about. OH. by the way.. I got stung by a Wasp..!!!!!!!! I was NOT doing anything.. it landed on my right ring finger and stung me!!!!!!

I am exhausted... to say the least... I have yet gone in to put stuff away.. Better get in there to do it.

2 comments:

  1. That seems late in the day to open a food bank. Ours opens at 9 AM. I still haven't had a few hours to try out that new site you sent me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know...It was late.. but that is it... I won't be going back.. There is another one much closer and walking distance. Only I have a friend that lives here now. She is the nicest woman.. she baby sits her one grand son who is 3 years old.. she is my age.. and plus she is taking care of her Dad who has Dementia.. So she has her hands full during the week.

    I had the hours to this second place.. But can't find them...but there is a woman who lives in number 15 who has that information.

    ReplyDelete