Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Sunday, July 20, 2014

A Talk with my Sister

I have decided to call my Sister once a week.  We really do need to stay in contact.  So as we were talking about stuff she was telling me about when she and her Son and Daughter in Law went out to dinner Friday Evening.

OK... so let me just say that my Sister has 3 urns.  One is my Mother, One is my baby Brother, and the last one is my Mother's second Husband.  My Sister has decided she would wait to figure out what to do with them. Now I know there are a lot of people that have their dead ones on a Mantle, and she doesn't have a fireplace so she was thinking of putting up a few shelves and putting them there.  I am not squimish about it all.  But seems her Son and Daughter in Law have had a few "Laughs" about them.

The first time her Daughter in Law said something she called them my Sister's Shrine.  That got my Sister pretty upset. She kept her mouth shut since at that time she was living with them.  But Friday Evening took the cake.

I guess once they were seated at a table, both son and daughter in law started with negative talk,,and then what broke the camels back was the daughter in law and son saying... Oh,,its for your Shrine.. when she heard that they were headed to the hardware store if she could come along to buy some shelving.

My Sister told them both to Go you know where. And got up from the table and went home.  She is still upset about this. And so far her Son has not contacted her about it all.


Her son met and married a young woman that came from Money... What ever that means..But that is what my Sister says .. the young woman is snobbish in all ways.  And now he Son is acting like that also. I think the Son has forgotten where he came from and where he lived for the past 10 years before he met this young woman... Prison for attempted Murder.. Sad but true... Sad that it happened, but that is what it is.  We talked about how people do change once they get rich, or better off financially.

So that is what has been on my mind today. And the fact that there are still fires all around us and I am still having to keep my AC on due to them.  I tried opening my windows this morning but found I couldn't do it. So closed them all up.
 

2 comments:

  1. I love it when that dress shows up on my blog site (your avatar). I still haven't checked out that other site. It seems like too much work in this heat and I am not sure I could keep up with another site. I hardly keep up with this one and got rid of facebook as it was too demanding of my time. I would rather read a book or wash windows.

    We are suffering from the same heat and multiple fires and ultra smokey air, as you are. There was a fire last night during our Wellness Festival that startled everyone as it was so close to the village but the water bombers were on it right away. Only 5 old abandoned houses got hit. They were used in a scene with Jennifer Lopez and Robert Redford in the movie " An Unfinished Life" A lot of movies have been filmed here....like "The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants" and " The Shootist" etc.

    My brother-in-law in Fairhaven, Bellingham still has my sister's ashes in a hand-crafted wooden box. He wants his to go in with hers. I am not sure about the step after that but he will let us know. It doesn't bother any of us. It is kind of his shrine too as it has momentoes and a picture of her on that shelf. I think those young'uns are just afraid of death. They will grow up and accept the passages of life eventually. But they didn't have the right to ridicule your sister. The rule is: Always show respect for others and you will also be showing respect for yourself..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know.. My Poor Sister ..lol. it just got her so mad,, I think only because her Daughter in Law and she doesn't get along very well.. And I think I will tell my sister that.. Always show respect for others and you will also be showing respect for yourself.. Wonder if that would stop that DIW from her horrible ways.

    It was so hot yesterday. The news said we got up to 100 degrees. but my weather bug said we got up to 103!!! With only the AC in the Bedroom.. its kinda hard keeping the rest of the rooms cool. There is a young woman who I saw this morning on Jenny and my walk.. We have been talking since we bumped into each other a few months back. She told me that she takes a box fan and puts it in front of the bedroom door, and opens up the patio door so the air can flow through... I only have 2 counter fans and one is in front of my bedroom door.. I now have the patio door open.. and the other fan is facing me...

    Friday my plans are to take the bus to Sonnenberg's Meat Market then get back on that bus to Winco. I have been thinking of making a Mexican Meal for the weekend. Taco's de Carnita's with Frijoles a La Charra.. ( Pinto Beans)... LOL.. with Spanish Rice.. I miss Mexican Food.. Since I am being frugal I don't eat out. So I make my favorite foods at home. I am getting pretty good at making some of these foods..

    I think that is great that the movie companies come and make movies in different areas. Right now they are making a series here in Spokane. I should have tried out to be an extra.. Zombie.. LOL...

    Anyways. its after 9 AM.. I haven't had my tea yet so guess its about time.. and some sort of breakfast...

    ReplyDelete