Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Friday, November 1, 2013

Very Exhausting and Expensive Day

The first of the Month, getting my Social Security Check on Friday instead of Sunday is Great.. although at the end it really is hard..But that is the way it is.

So, I made my Menu for the week, wrote out my Grocery List... and got ready, and walked to the Bus Stop with my cute little 2 wheeled cart... Yes.. Now lets talk about that 2 wheeled cart... Here it is, its a really nice cart,,, Only,, it has some really weak wheels on it. And I took it today to go grocery shopping and guess what??  Yep.. I had it loaded to the brim with groceries.. and as I was pulling it along, it lost a wheel.  This guy found it, so yelled over at me to let me know,, at this time I knew I would have to call a cab, there was no way I would be able to pull this broken thing all the way home.  So, I found a Taxi and called them and they were so nice. I got home,, and here

 is what the cart looks like on the bottom.  Broken and not able to fix it. OH.. well.. in the trash it goes...

2 comments:

  1. I have been wanting to get a little cart for my shopping trips which are usually daily. I buy too much and have to pack it over my shoulders. We take the truck if we are doing a large buy, like when we got back from our Halloween trip and bought a lot of staples and meat to the tune of $266 which was a bit of a shock but we are stocked for the month and longer. I am watching for a cart on wheels that will make my daily shopping easier but want one that folds up so I can walk with it under my arm until I get in the stores. My life style is changing. I have asked others on the street that have little carts, where they got them but it seems I will just have to keep visiting the thrift stores until one shows up. I may have to get one just for shopping that is more solid, like a mini wire mesh shopping cart and just use it for bigger loads. I can take a cloth bag with me to go on my walks I guess, if all I need is milk. We are getting really good farm eggs delivered once a week, so that helps.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karyn... You can buy one online at Amazon.com.. I am pretty sure you could get it.. I bought the very first one I still have for only $2.00 at a Yard Sale.. what a find that was for me. This one that broke was bought from Ross dress for less.. shop..for only $20.00. And the next time you get to a big city you might want to find one there. I bet you can even find one in Sears.. you do have them there don't you?? anyway.. Now I only have the large one left. and I love it. Its got very large wheels on it. And can hold a whole bunch of food.

    ReplyDelete