Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Babies Sleeping

How old is a baby before they aren't a baby any longer?  I have a friend who has a Grandson who will be 3 years old in Feb. He has been I think Coddled his whole life because he was born with a serious Kidney troubles.  He only has one now, but he seems to me to be doing very well.

He goes to Morning Day Care since he has his Grandmother and Grandfather to go pick him up. And then his Mother comes home and puts him down for his nap.. He still breastfeeds,  Only at Nap time and night time.

So this is what is going on.  I know that he has his naps starting at 12 noon.  And his Grandmother and Grandfather have to be very very quiet so that he doesn't wake up.  When I went to visit them in June, and he had his napes. My friend and I would whisper or even go outside to talk normal so he could not be woken. Now, they live in a pretty big house.. And the door is not completely closed to his room, but no noise is allowed when he is sleeping.  To me it doesn't make since.. that child should be sleeping with dogs barking or door bells ringing or the cell phone ringing without him being woke up.   What harm does this type of thing do to a child ??   

4 comments:

  1. You never cease to amuse me. The breastffeeding doesn't bother me as long as he is getting veggies and fruit and protein also. If you look at my after Halloween blog you will see that my grand-daughter fell asleep while playing in the bathtub and was snoring. Nothing wakes her up except her internal clock at about 5:30 in the morning. She has a clock now and is not supposed to bother anybody else until 7:00. She is good about amusing herself and playing and reading until then. I never protected my children from noise but we lived in quiet places so I don't know what I would do in a city. My children had daily afternoon naps until they went to school and I was not fussy about it, but I did need the me time in the day, so maybe that is what your friend needs too. Just some time away from the constant nature of the demands of raising a child, especially one with extra needs. Be gentle with her. Soon he will be off to school.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am always gentle with her..LOL.. she is one of my best friends,, I think I really need to think about the child and his Mother. My friend is his Grandmother. I can't see whispering or having to go outside to talk in a normal way ... I think a Child is suppose to have the going on's within his home. To just be normal and talk or do housework, or anything of a normal way is all.. I think what was going on with me was I know I can only call my friend either in the mornings or maybe the evening time when she and her Husband are in their RV away from the house and her Daughter and Grandson. Where she and her Husband can be themselves,, I suppose I am a bit selfish.. sounds like it anyway...LOL.. But that is the way it is..

      My friend and her Husband are now thinking of buying a house and then it will be better for them for sure. She has been needing her own place for a long time. She and her Husband were only suppose to help her Daughter for 1 year and it has turned out to be 2,going on to 3.. She gets snide remarks from her Daughter at times that really hurt her. And for a while neither her or her Husband were able to move anywhere. There was not enough money,. As it is, now he finally got his Social Security Disability. So they will be able to buy something. Some houses there are going for very little. They would still have some sort of house payment, Just not a very big one.

      Anyways.. I guess that is it... I was being selfish... I know it..

      Delete
  2. I am constantly amazed at how rapidly kids mature. I now have sensible conversations with my 2-year old granddaughter. Yet, when we took her to playtime at the local cafe, she doze off in her pushchair and didn't wake up until we'd finished eating lunch and playtime had finished! I think kids sleep when they want to, regardless of noise.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But, you can't tell that to my Friends Daughter...LOL

      Delete