Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Thursday, October 31, 2013

Getting things in Order

Since I am moving in December either at the end of the month or anytime after I receive my Housing Voucher, I have to get someone to help with the heavy lifting of furniture. So someone told me about a few places that would help.

So, I started looking and on Facebook one of my friends told me about the Mormons and the young boys have to do service work to finish up their Mission. So I looked online to see where I should call, and got hold of someone in the church in Utah I think anyways... LOL.. He gave me a phone number here in Tacoma. And I held onto that phone number till yesterday,when I thought I should call to see if they could help. Only when I dialed the number, it came back as a disconnected number.  So I had to start all over again. Someone told me to call Deseret Industries, so I did and they gave me a phone number to call, which I did... and got hold of a woman who was in a meeting and would give me a call after the meeting to give me the phone number where they could help me.

I hung up and finally this morning I got a phone call from that woman, she said she was so sorry to get back to me so late.. but that was fine I know how things are. She gave me a phone number so now I called them. Now am waiting for a call back from that number. LOL.. It is a process isn't it?  

1 comment:

  1. But it is not heavy lifting all by yourself. Waiting for the call is the easy part. Co-ordinating is another deal. I hate moving. I hope this is our last. We are so content in our little retirement suite with the big kitchen. If we stay here over a year I will want some better front room window treatments and a better dining room set for the kitchen. They don't bother me yet, but are a little tacky. A year from now they may start to get on my nerves and I will actually do something about them. Good luck with your organizing for your move.

    ReplyDelete