Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Thursday, January 3, 2013

Did a lot of walking




I really did need to get to the bank. So got bundled up and started my walk.  Never thinking what I was going to do. I walked through the empty lot that is suppose to be 40th St. for some reason no one continued the road. It sure would make it easier for us walkers.. Instead of walking in the mud and wet ground and weeds..

I got to Pine St. And it is a kinda busy street. And there was a lul in the traffic, so took my self across the street. I walked down to 42nd St but should have walked down to 45th St. because I was a bit short to where the Mall was.  So, had the help of a Postal Worker showing me where I needed to walk. What a nice guy...

I was just going to walk through the parking lot of the Mall,but decided to go have a bite to eat, since I had not had Breakfast. Had a great Indian meal.. Yum.. Then had to ask where Wells Fargo was from there. The guy asked  told me to walk that a way...LOL,,,So off I walked,, Now I needed to walk across  the Parking lot before I got to the bank. Did my business, and decided to  go to Petco and buy Jenny Craig some dog food.

From there I walked to The Dollar Store.. and that is where it was interesting.. I had to wait in the middle of at 3 way turn to cross the street.. very scary...You never know what will happen when your so exposed to the traffic..

Got across the street and walked over to the Dollar Store.. walked out of there and got up to 38th St and down that street to the money-tree to add money to a visa card that I use for all my Bills.  Then walked home... It was about a 2 mile walk..

Someone here told me that I should not walk so much ,, I could make myself sick... I think they are sick by telling me that.. Hahaaa.. Walking never killed anyone unless it was a car that did them in....Hahaaa

5 comments:

  1. It's nice that you can walk to all those places! A two-mile walk is good! Before my knees started hurting so bad, Joe and I had a little 2-mile walk that we did 3 or 4 times a week. It's not far enough to tire you out, but far enough to feel good about getting some exercise! I would be in trouble if there was a Mall within walking distance of my house! This is so great for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you. I heard on CBC radio yesterday that when we were all hunters and gatherers, which isn't that long ago historically, people would walk 3000 miles a year. That is like crossing the US. So just keep on hunting and gathering supplies and you will feel and look like a neanderthal. Sorry I started to laugh and couldn't resist typing that neanderthal bit. Actually you will look and feel happier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahahaahaaaaa.....Oh MY Goodness....hahahaa.. I just had this funny looking guy in my brain... hahaa... neanderthal Woman..!!!!! ... that is me...hahahaaa... I should see how many miles i do walk.. there is an REI Here I can go buy one of those things to see how many steps I walk...

      Delete
  3. Well done, you! 2 miles is good. I bet you felt great the next day. Actually, I didn't know people in America walked anywhere. LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes... there are people in America that walk...LOL.. Since I don't have my car.. I either have to walk, or take a bus. But.. I keep forgetting.. I can call the Shuttle.. and it would only cost me .75 cants to go anywhere here in Tacoma. You do know I moved don't ya?? Yes.. as of today.. its been 2 weeks..

      And when I had moved to Seattle in 2010 I used to walk everywhere.. Except the Grocery Store.. that was way to far to walk to.

      Delete