Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Finally Heard From Seattle Housing

And let me just say... They had to swallow their pride...for sure...And take care of their problems... After all this time.. they had thought I was absorbed by Reno,NV. Housing Authority.. and because of the mistake they made.. I had been absorbed by them.. and they hadn't even known it.. Pretty sad ....

That David who works for the Porting Department in Seattle Housing called me today and told me that he would be sending my File to Tacoma Housing in a day or 2.. And he thought I still lived in Seattle.. and he said.. well, since it is the 7th of January.. why not get you moved out of your current place on Feb 1st??  Where was his ears when I told him last week that I had ALREADY Moved to the new apartment?????   I do believe they are way to over worked.. and will still be over worked since they have restructured themselves.. Sad I moved from the water.. But Glad I don't have to deal with those people any more....

I'm sure by the end of the week, I should know what my rent will be here at the new place.. Its usually 30% of my total income.  plus.. they allow for the Electric I will be paying for.  And the apartment building is charging $15.00 per month for a pet rent.. hum.. That is fine.. I can do that.. I am also telling them that I don't want their Cable ..since it is an extra $30.00 per month..and well.. I think my internet is right about $29.99 I just don't know if I want to pay all that money out for the Cable that has been in Negotiations with KOMO TV Station in Seattle.. Click cable gets their connections from KOMO and they have to pay KOMO for the transmission... And so because Click would not pay 200% more.. which would make them raise every ones prices here in Tacoma.. they just didn't do anything.. So.. I figure.. there has to be a way I can still watch TV for free.. lol.. I found out I can get a few things and do that.. Connect my laptop to my flat screen TV and then get a wireless keyboard.. and watch TV that is transmitted through my laptop... Is it confusing yet?? LOL.. Sometimes it is for me.... hahaaa

4 comments:

  1. Barbara, if you figure all of that out, you are a genius!! I'm glad the housing folks have finally found you and will get things straightened out for you. Hooray!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaaa... If I want to get rid of Cable.. I have to figure another way to watch TV. And one of these days,, we won't even need Cable any more... Just connect this and that...and ya got your entertainment up and runny....LOL..

      Now its wondering what my rent will be. I moved here between Christmas and New Years ... So... the rent is really due now. I have it.. I just don't want to give it up till I know for sure ..and anyways the Manager said not to give them anything,, then the Assistant Manager says.. Might as well give us some money... then It won't be so overwhelming... And I have been thinking of doing that..

      Delete
  2. You might be able to hire yourself out for helping Seniors to re-connect with the world, or figure out the constantly new stuff coming at us. It make sme want to go out into the woods to hide with the bears.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Talk about helping out Seniors.. there is my Neighbor who has a van. She asked if it were OK to put something up on the Bulletin board to let the Seniors know that she has a van and would be able to drive them where ever. And ..Oh.. for a Small Donation for Gas... LOL..

    She does have a van. She has lived in Western Washington since August of last year.. and she Still has not Registered the van in Washington. And I also heard that she does not have Insurance on the van.. And if she is gong to be doing something like that. I would think she needs a special license wouldn't she?? I won't ever ride with her now knowing she has no insurance on the Van.. She is a 70 year old woman, with a Heart Condition she says. Yikes.. no way...ever again....

    ReplyDelete