Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Monday, December 24, 2012

It Was An Amazing Move

Very tired after getting everything packed up and then having to wait for someone to come help. I even had the truck ready...Sparrow, a woman living in the old apartment said she would help me. I just didn't see how she could,, there have been times she has had to have a caregiver. But, seems she has gotten better and now wanted to help me. We took a lot of bags out to the truck which was waiting for us.. And then she had to leave.. It was so nice that she thought of coming and helping out a bit. 

The young woman who said she would help........ finally came by at 4 PM... pretty late.. then Taylor and one of his friends came by after he got off work in the Market.. Which they were the best.. Love those boys... We got everything out of the apartment, and took off at around 7PM..

We arrived in Tacoma and I had told her I would buy Dinner... She must have thought I was rich.. we went to this really nice Mexican Restaurant and she choose the most expensive meal and on top of that she ordered a White Sangria ... Now come on... don't take advantage.. which at that moment she was..The food was OK.. it actually gave me heartburn... and I have never had heartburn eating Mexican food before..

We left that place and went to pick up her male friend that was going to help get the stuff of the truck..and then they spent the night.. I gave them my bed....... I slept on the couch.. Its great for naps but not for an all night er...

This morning I woke up at just after 6 AM and got Jenny's halter on her and could not find that leash.. Well,, shoot....she won't run away from me.... we walked the whole circle of Apartment... As tired as I was.. I did that.. I just keep going like the eveready battery bunny....LOL.. I may feel better tomorrow.. we will see..

Had to get the Maintenance Man to come by since we blew out a breaker and could not get it to work last night... all we did was plug in the TV.  And BLAMO no TV, No Lights in the Living Room or Kitchen... Maintenance Man fixed that and the toilet paper holder fell off.. just was not put on right....

So this evening for Dinner I'm fixing Beef Loin Tri Tip Steak in Mushroom and Onion Sauce ,,Garlic Mashed Potatoes, and Corn and for a sort of salad Sliced Tomatoes and Avocados..

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like a suitable feast for a housewarming, Babs. Best wishes in your new home and have a very happy Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank You so much... And a Very Merry Christmas to you...

      Delete
  2. May God bless you in your new home! That was a fast move! Let us know, please, how you are settling in. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Terri.. I am sooo very tired..Tonight I will finally be able to sleep in my own bed. I lent it out... lol to the young people that helped me.. and I slept on the sofa... very badly actually....and that is why I'm so tired.. went to bed at midnight and woke up at 6am...

    ReplyDelete
  4. So happy you have moved into your new apartment. Hoping you find it more suitable. Have a merry christmas and a happy new year.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am hoping you will be able to post some pictures.

    ReplyDelete