Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Interesting How we are being asked to invite

People we have already invited.... ?? wonder what that is all about?

Its so quiet right now in here.. although its always quiet in the hallways in this building... I'm going to have to walk down to the end of the Hallway and take pictures..and also I'm going to take my camera to each floor that has an activity and take a photo of it... to show everyone what there is to offer everyone who wants to move here..

Can you imagine to my surprise when I found out that there were only 32 apartments occupied at this time.. that is because these places are so Brand New.  But still to be only the 32 or so person to live here.. and I can't tell you how many apartments there are here.. Loads.. and they still have ones that are still being built.. I wonder if they did a survey as to the percentage of Senior Citizens that were in need of a place like this?

I only wish there was an easier way to get to the bus stop... We are on the corner of S. Lawrence St and 40th St and at the end of 40th St heading North.. it dead ends.. and it is nothing but weeds, and ruts where people on bikes or something have gone across.. the other side is an Elementary School, well, on the East side.. But maybe in the Summer it will be better to walk through.  And the wet maybe it will have dried up by then and not be so muddy... As it is.. I found an easier way home.. I get off the number 3 bus and walk South till the round a bout.. and turn east one block,, then all the way down that street (41st St) to Lawrence St. And then home.. 

3 comments:

  1. I think all places start to look better from spring, Babs. Hang on in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, hang in there!! I'm glad you are learning your way around, and spring always brings new life!! Your new home will be the perfect place you expected when you found it. Give it some time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Consider yourself lucky to be walking. Maybe you could arrange a taxi carpool to go to the mall a few times a week so you could share the cost. That way it wouldn't cost much more than bus fare. Would that work?

    ReplyDelete