Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Monday, September 24, 2012

Here I am...

I have been very bad.. not coming here like I wanted... So,, even though they say... it only takes around 30 days to get the hang of doing something.. for me.. I guess its different...lol

I have just been busy cooking and my life has been so boring. I was suppose to have gone to a friends this past Friday for a Potluck dinner.., but when she emailed me telling me that one of her friends son has allergies.. to peanuts.. and that she didn't think I should bring that dish I was going to bring.. It was Nutella Chocolate Bread Pudding.. Nutella is from Hazelnut,which comes from a tree..

I told her this.. but she still wanted me to keep it out.. ?? What Keep out the main Ingredient??  I was very disappointing. And so just didn't go.. there was some back and forth talk.. and I then told her that I could not make it .. due to my dog being sick.. and that maybe we could have a dessert night ... And that is what we will have next month.. 


5 comments:

  1. Your bread pudding idea sounds yummy! So, why couldn't the son with allergies just not eat it? That just doesn't make sense to me. He will have to deal with that all his life - might as well get used to it! Glad you worked it out to have a dessert night next month!! Good to hear from you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. her and her Husband are coming over...I wonder if they will bring their dog?? Well, anyways.. I know that little boy will have to deal with this all his life.. And after the back and forth with it.. I just felt like it wasn't worth it. To go all the way out there,,,under those thoughts I had...

      Delete
  2. I guess it is always best with severe peanut allergies to avoid any chance of cross contamination. I am sure he must carry an epi-pen though it is best to avoid the problem. A dessert party sounds like more fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am still getting used to this site too. I keep forgetting that preview means edit and update means you have finished editing and it can be published. I am no ready to try the circles thing yet even though I would like a few more contacts on my reading list of followers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know.. I have several people in my circle, I have been with Google for so long. But just never used it in this way.. I think we all are going to really enjoy this site.. because.. I love that I can add pictures.. with ease.. not like on multiply.. it always gave me problems..

      Delete