Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Thursday, September 27, 2012

A Long Walk

Before Jenny got sick this last time, we used to take long walks in the mornings.  When she became sick, all she wanted to do was just go out to the nearest tree and bush and do her business.

There has been a few days she now has wanted to take our long walks. But now its in the afternoons.  This afternoon, we decided.. I actually made this decision... To walk to Mud Bad to get her more Pooper bags.. And as I started talking to one of the young girls that works there and wondering where we were going to get Jenny Craigs canned food. She told me about a place up on Blanchard. Between 2nd and 3rd Avenues.  I said. that will be a good little walk for Jenny and me. So we took that walk.

I remembered that place, and had forgotten about it.  But, now that Mud Bay has taken Jenny's canned food off the shelves for good I really did need to find another place that was close enough, instead of taking the bus for 40 minutes just for her dog food.  I really can't tell you what the name is of this new Pet Store, but we did go in and was able to talk to the owner. And I was soooo upset, when she told me that she had that food, and no one bought it.  So, she donated it.... OH.. I only wish I knew she had it. But good news... she is going to order it.. and she will charge me only ...$1.80 per can.  which is .09 cents less than Mud Bay and .01 cents less than Pet Co.  So, I think I will be OK.

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I am coming in to your Terri through a back door as I tried to respond to your latest and was told I was unwelcome, not really that way but not on your list of acceptables.

      Delete
    2. Karyn.. go where it says "Join" and it will accept you.. Really it will...

      Delete
  2. Our lives should be about caring for those we love. Jenny is special and deserves the best. I liked Iams dry feed for our wee Pollux. It cost more but went further/lasted longer and had him being perkier the last few years after I found it........ and the turds were easier to handle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was what I always fed my dogs.. but now that Jenny's teeth are really bad,, its all about soft foods.. Iams does last longer.. and the poo is better.. And it was the only dog food that was not re-called a few years back... Is it because it is produced in Canada?? I wonder....

      Delete