Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Friday, August 17, 2012

It was a hard day yesterday

My poor apartment looks like someone broke in and ransacked it.  But, it was not that, I finally was able to get the furniture and stuff to that woman yeserday, and I was so thankful that a friend came to help me do this..

As we delivered the last few things to her.. She walked up to me with her hand toward me.. she handed me ....$20.00... I took it, but gave it to Taylor and he accepted it because he was flat A** broke.  We brought the cart back to my place and he was on his way,, But I thought., OH. I forgot to give him something. So, I called him and got his voicemail.. asking him to come back to the back door because I had something for him. He called me back and I asked him where he was. I walked down to the Market and found him. And well, all I had on hand was a $10.00 bill. I told him that I was thankful that I had such a good friend, and told him that this  was all I had on me.  He smiled, and said thank you.  And went on his way to meet his friend who has a boat and they were going out fishing.

So this morning I am sitting here with a cup of tea and wondering if there is any place on me that does not hurt....I still need to take the cart into the Community Room. And get this place back in order. Will I have the strength to do It??? No, I will just take my time and do a little bit at a time. Getting old ... I have found is not FUN....lo

2 comments:

  1. Taking your time to get things done is absolutely the way to do it. As long as you are making some progress, that's all that matters. We have to take care of ourselves, so we can help take care of others. Hugs to you for a good Friday and weekend! Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww,, Thank You Terri... I fnally returned the large cart to the storage closet. And almost everything is picked up in the living room.. Thank goodness for my little air conditioner.. Its suppose to get up to 93 today...

    ReplyDelete