Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Saturday, January 12, 2013

This Happened yesterday ...January 11th...

It was only suppose to be a short walk to Marlene's to pick up a few things for the Quinoa Tabbouleh I wanted to make tonight.. 

But, since Marlene's did not have an Cucumbers..not a one.. I was told where there was a Grocery Store... Yep.. The guy said it would take about 20 minutes to walk there.. depends on how you walk I guess.. lol.. I finally found it.. It is so cold today, I had not thought of putting my hat on. I froze half way there.

You ask how far I walked ??? It was 1.5 miles. And I think I just fell in love with a Grocery Store.. Yep.. I can not believe they had Texas Grapefruits for only.....39 cents EACH!!!!!!! and the Cucumbers??? .79 cent each... Whoo whoo... !!!!!

I decided to take the bus back home but had to make a detour just to do that.. Had to take the 57 up a few blocks, then the bus driver stopped in front of a small hospital and told me to walk across the street and wait for the bus there.. same number going the opposite way...It got me to the Tacoma Mall Stop.. I waited for the 53 or 3 bus and I'm home now.. I really don't feel like I have walked that far.. but it was... I must be getting use to it...

3 comments:

  1. The prices made me want to do my own garden this summer, if I can find a plot. There is one at the church but I would have to stay in the community to look after it. I think I would rather go camping. Change that plan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those prices sound great! It is wonderful that you are learning your way around and are finding some great places to shop and enjoy! Sounds like a good bus system, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No Terri it is not a good bus system at alll.. For me to go to the Grocery Store.. I would have to walk 2 6 blocks to the bus stop, then the bus would drop me off at in front of the Grocery Store which is set way back on the lot its in,, on one side is Target, then some smaller shops, like a shoe shop.. and other types like Subway and Jenny Craig weight loss is there then Tops Grocery Store,, and across from that is Pet Smart to buy Jenny's food if I wanted to lug it back home..

      And to get back on the bus I would have to walk 1/4 mile up the road, cross it and walk back down to the bus stop.. But, since the road crews were working on the road there ..the crosswalk was Closed...... So, I had to pick up the bus going the other way..

      Delete