Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Saturday, January 12, 2013

Another day of walking.

I have 2 knives that really needed to be sharpened. So I had been trying find where I could take them. I thought well, Maybe Sears would have a sharpening station.. Nope, Home Depot?? NOPE.. Lowe's NOPE,,, Excalibur a small knife shop in the Tacoma Mall has one.. So I took off this morning again.. walking...LOL..

Found the place, and left the knives with the woman to be picked up on Monday. I then decided shoot I have nothing else to do,, Might as well check this Mall out. The first time I walked through it I wanted to find somewhere to eat and knew they had a Food Court.. So off I walked.. There is a Company that sells Teas, and Tea Pots.. and I have been getting their emails from time to time.. can't recall the name.. darn... Anyway, I went in and this young woman served me several types of teas.. that I think I want to buy.. but not before I get a bit more money.. They were sooo yummy...

But, had to leave after a young woman came up to me asking me if I needed any help.. I was just helped and then left to myself to look around. When I saw her.. I became a bit ill.. She had piercings alllll over her face.. all around her face, her nose, her lips,, her ears.. and the Tattoo's were everywhere. I don't know.. It just made me feel horrible.. And that is what I said.. that I had to leave due to her face.. Was I wrong? OH.. I know there are young people that do this type of thing... But she was way over board.. I never thought of taking her picture.. I am sure she would not have liked that... But,, I'm sure I was the most rude person that came in.. due to the fact ..I spoke my mind.. and maybe should not have... OH.. Well..

I kept walking and saw a sign that said Len's Crafters. I went looking for them... I really do need a new pair of glasses... I went in after this young man opened the door for myself and another lady and when he saw me just standing there and looking around,, he asked if he could help me. I am going to get my eyes examined on the 4th of Feb and if I didn't have my Medicare,, it would have cost me $102.00, but because I have my Medicare, and that there is another test that Medicare won't pay for and only costs about $37.00 I said OH.. Thank You...... So, excited.. And with these people I can get my glasses done in one day... Yippee... Another day at the Mall.. Hahaaaa... That was my walk.. Another long walk.. I'm getting use to walking.. Although.. I do think I need a new pair of Shoes.. My right foot is really hurting.

3 comments:

  1. Old Man would sharpen your knife for you. He just did all the knives at the Soup Kitchen because I got so ticked off trying to chop up veggies. As for the piercings......I have a strong aversion to navels. I just don't want to see them any more than I want to see PDA's. But I especially feel ill when I see a bare mid-drift with a piercing in the navel. I just don't know why it makes me feel nauseous. I have pierced ears

    ReplyDelete
  2. Joe would have sharpened your knives, too. He has his dad's old steel, from when they had a butcher shop. He keeps mine all sharp...actually I have learned to do it myself, but ask him to do it for me - he enjoys doing it.

    Nice that you have such a good mall so close. How great that you found a place for your eye exam, and also for some new teas! Seems you had a good day, and can go back on Monday to get your knives!

    I have pierced ears (since age 15) but that is all. I don't like to see piercings in faces and other body parts either. I also don't think there is anything pretty about tattoos all over peoples bodies. Like anything - moderation!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL.. Well, I'm pretty sure if they see me coming I won't be welcome in the tea shop again..Haha... But, I do plan on going back to buy some really yummy teas I tried there.. And they used a different type of sugar.. I'm going to have to ask them again if I can buy it there..

    ReplyDelete