Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Monday, September 10, 2012



Its been a few days since my last blog.  Had to do a few things over the weekend.. OH.. yah.. things.. lol.. Nothing exciting.. I have decided to start cooking with just my slow cooker.  So last week I bought from a menu that will hopfully last me almost a month. We will see. So this is the first thing I made

It is Teriyaki Chicken with it was suppose to be with Jasmine Rice but I didn't have any and I was to lazy to go down to the Philippino Store for some. So, I found this... Quinoa in the cupboard.  And yum.. I only made enough for 2 days.. but that is all that I am doing for. each for 2 days.

Today I have Sirloin Steak/Mushroom over of course.. Mashed Potatoes.. I know.. I know it should have been Brown/Jasmine Rice.. But,, I think Mashed Potatoes will be wonderful.. pictures to come soon....LOL

3 comments:

  1. That looks exceptionally good!! Yum!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You would have made a good farm/ranch wife. You have to improvise a lot when you are 2 hours from the closest grocery store and then it is just a general store with no special stuff, like quinoa. 20 years ago I would have said, "What the hell is quinoa?"

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaaa... Karyn.. there are people still that has no idea what Quinoa is...

      And I was born on a farm in Missouri...

      Delete