Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Tuesday 08/21/2012

What happened to my text I just typed??  What did I hit on my laptop that wiped it all way???

Well, anyway.. as I was saying... I have been doing a lot of thinking about this move I haven wanting to do. First I really wanted to move to Clearwater,FL.  I was so wanting to move there. But, something happened, and it was not to be. Maybe one day I can go visit. 


So, then I thought of moving back to Reno. Was looking for an apartment. Had 2 I was thinking about, and all my friends were really happy that I was going to be moving back "Home". 

This has been for the past 2 weeks I had this thought.  But, today... I just thought.. Why do I have to move so far away? Why not look away from the Downtown area of Seattle for an apartment???  So, that is what I  have been doing.  I first called a good friend who lives in Shoreline ,,a suburb of Seattle,, Because I am on the Choice Voucher System.. (Section 8).  A Government thing... that I received for the first time in Reno,NV.  When I lived in Reno, I was allowed a one bedroom apartment.  I'm sure anywhere else I go with that voucher I  would also live in a one bedroom apartment. BUT,,not here in Seattle,WA. If you are Single, you will live in a Studio.  Yep.. Oh.. there are ways around that .. If you can find an apartment that is all inclusive, then you can get away with renting a one bedroom,, which is what is happening right now with this apartment I live in right now.

The first year I lived in this building, I had to rent a very small studio. A the end of living in that small place, I asked if I could rent a one bedroom. An it will be 2 years at the end of April.  Although now I'm on a Month to Month ... which means, I can leave at anytime I feel. All I have to do is give them a 20 day quit notice. 

I have taken that Airline ticket and made arrangements for a round trip ticket to Reno for a 5 day stay.  I will stay with several friends when there.  I'm taking Jenny Craig with me.. It will be so nice seeing my friends.  


 

1 comment:

  1. Keep us posted on your apartment search, and I hope you have a good time in Reno. Maybe you will decide to move there after all.

    ReplyDelete