Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Sunday, October 20, 2013

What is a true Friendship.

Friendship is not a contest. And that is what ws told to me after she walked down the hallway.  "All That I Have Done For You". Is that what you tell your Friends?

How do you think they would feel after you told them this?  "All You Have Done For ME....is make me feel and look like a Bully.  I was told to choose my Battles. And I should have left that friendship alone after the first break up.  Now I feel like a Fool for all the things I had done while in this friendship.  I was a Marionette... To this person,, I have no idea why I became this other person.. I suppose it was because I was a bit lonely for a friend.. I hadn't found that friend in Seattle, and then after moving to Tacoma, I met this woman that was from Southern California and we just clicked as friends.  But, there was something about her that I would dismiss.  Things she would do or didn't do.  She would do and say things and then forget that she did them.... She would get a bit wired at times.  Then she wanted to go sit in the Social Room and she would sit looking toward the Lobby to see who came into the building, She would want me to turn around to see who this person or that person coming in was.  She would make horrible remarks on lots of these people. Now why did I stay friends with her?  I have no idea, only that she was a friend and I was accepting her as she was.  At one time I told her that I didn't care who it was that walked into the building.  I was not interested. Then there were times that she was talking about something and when something would catch my eye and I would look away beyond her. She would get really upset, and say,,,Well if you don't want to listen to me then you can go home.  Once I did that and that was the first time I stopped talking to her.  She told me that, I then just got up and walked away, and stopped talking to her for a few months, then one day as I was walking Jenny, Jenny wanted to walk over to where Von was, She really missed her. So we started the friendship up again.  It only lasted.... 4 weeks, before she started acting funny again.  I cannot speculate as to why she was this way. But I do know that she takes a pill to sleep and it is actually for depression I think. And so it is.. I will not be treated in such a manner.  Even though she started something I was the one that did the deeds.. I was the one that was a follower... I wanted a friendship so bad, that I Jeopardized my HousingAnd that is not what I wanted to happen.

So what do I do?  After making a total fool of myself, do I go apologize? Or just leave it alone ? Or do I go talk to the Manager about all this?  I know I will be leaving this apartment at the end of the year.  But I want to leave with the feeling of not being the Bully they think I am. 

2 comments:

  1. I know from just doing internet talks with you that you are not an emotional or any kind of BULLY. You are having the same problems I have had with my friend who has bi-polar. I didn't realize what her problem was. She just made me upset and I cried and got gut upsets. You will be well off without her, as I am without my friend. I am thinking I might try to have lunch with her one day a week in the new year, but that will be enough for me. I will pay as she is brokers, but she has supported me over 20 years in many critical times of stress. I can not totally abandon her.

    I am also worried that Charlie is not posting. That probably means he is in duress or incapacitated. I am feeling sad about him. You said it best, "He is like a brother." sigh and cry

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know, and am so glad that his Son is trying to keep us informed. As well as he can. And thank goodness for Neil Hook.. I just don't know what to do. I have known Charlie for so long.. Its going to be a very very sad day at that day he leaves us all..

    ReplyDelete