Barbara's Thoughts

Barbara's Thoughts
Colorful, Fresh, Interesting

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Very Good News....

I'm exhausted.. Just returned from all the business of the day. First had to be at The Tacoma Housing by 10 Am.. got there 15 minutes early.. signed in and let the front end people know who I was there for, with an appointment.

The Good news is.. my rent went down to $165.00,, LOL.. And as I was walking out of that office.. I was doing a dance...LOL..And everyone at the front desk started laughing... I'm glad this old lady can make someone laugh...lol Then I stopped off at Social Services and my food stamps went down by $10.00. Do I care?? not really.. Not in the least. And then after walking from 47th St. and S.Lawrence St, giving the news and paperwork to the Office,, and then walking around to check my mail. "You Have Mail"... LOL.. 

It was from Tacoma Public Utilities ..Customer Solutions. I had sent them back the paperwork that they sent me when I first moved in. Just to see if they would give me a discount on my Utilities.. And they will.. So its 30% of the total Monthly Bill.. And I won't know what that will be till I get my first Electric Bill.. They even said I would get a discount on Cable.. But,, I think I already get that. I am going to the office later on to find out if that would be applied ... Pretty Cool.. I would think.....Even if the weather is sooo Cold.. Its 1:39 PM and it feels like its 25 degrees.. Sooo Cold...

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on all counts, Barbara!! You had a very good day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is so easy to get depressed with life and then things like this happen and it is like a fresh mountain spring of wellness and joy. Alleluia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And Thank You... It was a pretty good day.. but a very very COLD day....

      Delete